Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What a Killer

Cancer is a horrible disease that enters the bodies of thousands of people every year. Some people survive it and other times cancer takes them to the grave. My grandma died from lung cancer, my grandpa died from stomach cancer, a family friend died from breast cancer and my aunt died from breast cancer. Watching someone go through cancer is the worst thing in the world. They have their good days and they have their bad days. My aunt got it, treated it, it came back, then it took her life a few months later. She never let it show that it had came pack and was spreading, she was exhausted from all the treatment that didn't seem to be helping, anyway we wouldn't have seen it coming. She was my favorite aunt, I considered her my second mom. Last April she was kind enough to take me to Orlando with her and we enjoyed it so much. A month later, a year ago today, she died. I always asked those why her?, why now?, etc. She was a kind woman and loved everyone that crossed her path. She was a bus driver, who loved her kids and that is what made her love her job. She missed out on the birth of her first grand child, and the first girl of the family, she would have loved her. I was told God lends you people to enjoy on Earth, but sooner or later he has to take them back home to where they belong. It is sad to say that most everyone has experienced the pain of cancer whether through themselves or a loved one, it is an awful disease that more and more people are getting and the treatment can't be found fast enough. 

1 comment:

  1. Cancer sucks. I'm amazed we have not had more success combatting this disease than we have; it is frustrating.

    ReplyDelete