Wednesday, May 16, 2012

We all have those moments when...

Music speaks to us. We all have those days when you are sitting in your car with the radio turned up loud, a song comes on the radio and it speaks right to you. Every word in the song relates to you and it's scary how much the words describe the situation good or bad you are going through. For example my aunt passed away from breast cancer and about 2 days after this song called I'm going to love you through it came on the radio by Martina McBride (yes I am a country music fan, go ahead hate me) the song talks about how she goes through surgery and now it's forced smiles and baggy shirts to hide what the cancer took from her... She just wants to feel like a woman again...she says she doesn't think she can do this anymore... Everything my aunt went through and said. Anyway there are thousands of songs that you hear and stop and say wow sounds like me or sounds like what I am going through. I think that is why so many people listen to music to relax because in the lyrics they find they aren't alone, other people are going through the same things they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment